How do I download a compressed file?
To download a compressed file from the Data Archive, undertake the following steps:
1. Access the Data Archive Web application by opening a Chrome browser and entering the following URL: https://rds.unsw.edu.au. At the Data Archive login page, enter your UNSW zID (for User:) and zPass (for Password:) and click ‘Login'.
On the upper left side of the screen, you’ll see the Asset Finder icon.
2. Double click on the Asset Finder icon to open.
3. In Asset Finder, navigate to the location of the compressed file you wish to download.
4. Right click on the compressed file to be downloaded and select 'Open' from the list of options.
4. The 'Save as' function will open allowing you to download the compressed file.
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information