Why am I getting an "Authentication Failure" message?
The Data Archive uses zID and zPass to log in to the web-based user interface using the Web application. An "Authentication Failure" error indicates there may be a problem with your username or password.
To verify your zID/zPass visit the UNSW Identity management page.
Please contact the UNSW IT Service Centre (9385 1333) for further assistance with your zID and zPass.
Note: this error could also indicate that your browser session needs to be refreshed. If you are sure that the zID and zPass you are entering are valid and correct, please close and reopen the browser (refreshing the session) and connect to the Data Archive again.
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- go to the Start here page
- see all Help Topics
- see all Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- browse through the carousel on the homepage to view all available videos
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information