What do I do with the 'Application Blocked' message?
When using the Java applet web-based user interface you may receive the 'Application Blocked by Java Security' message:
1. Open the Java Control Panel.
- For Windows:
- Go to Start and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Control Panel and enter 'java' in the search box.
- Double click on the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel.
- For Mac:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Java Settings to open the Java Control Panel.
2. Update the Java Control Panel.
3. Click on the Security tab.
4. Click on the Edit Site List... button.
5. Click on the Add button
6. Enter the Data Archive url: https://rds.unsw.edu.au.
7. Click on the OK button to save your changes.
8. Click on the OK button to close the Java Control Panel.
See the Java applet guide for further information and other troubleshooting ideas.
Note: the 'Security Redirect' message may be the next issue you encounter.
Help and further information:
- To learn more about the Data Archive:
- To access the Data Archive Web application, use this link, or, go to the Home page for other access options
- To access the Data Archive using the Java applet web-based user interface, use this link. For more information, see the Java applet guide
- To create, or update, a Research Data Management Plan go to the ResData service
- Note: the Data Archive service is also available over SFTP, see the SFTP client guide for more information